About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Last Bit of the Last Pastrami Sandwich I'll Ever Eat...

It hit me suddenly as I sat folding the clothes (a task I hate) and battling vicious menstrual cramps (a  part of growing older I hate). So I picked up the phone and text him: "I finally forgive you..." His response: "Thank you." I probably will never hear from him again now that he's no longer emotionally bound to me in any way. I'll miss him.

I don't think I'll ever love another the way I loved him. Free. Unguarded. Pure. He was my youthful hope for a normal existence. But it is also important that I continue to be a choosy lover. I hope he finds what he's looking for. I hope I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment