About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

FJ is only a "like" away...

Dear Facebook Jesus,

Thanks for taking time out of your busy scocial networking schedule to read this blog. No one will understand this particular conversation but you, so I thought I'd skip the all-too-familiar, attention-sucking habit of putting prayers in Facebook statuses, and dial direct...in this blog.

Truth is FJ (I hope you don't mind the nickname, but I've always felt you were my homie), I am overly irritated by people who sing your praises on social media. Prayer and praise is not social if people aren't praying and praising with you. It's personal, especially if one starts a post with "Dear God..." Or "Dear Father..." and ends with "Amen." It's all a plea for company, and if not, why would anyone put that out for the world to read unless that person wanted someone to stand in agreement with the prayer or praise? Unfortunately, there is no "stand-in-agreement" button on Facebook; the inappropriate "like" button is as good as it gets. And to "like" a prayer doesn't mean anyone agrees with the sentiment. Most people who feel inclined to say something don't want to be in the douchebag number for not giving a thumbs up to a prayer that could have been heard by God without a keyboard. You'll be happy to know I know I'm a bit douchebaggie. I keep scrolling. I think it's the honest thing to do. Like I said before...I want to be social on social networks. I don't want to be in everyone's prayer circles, especially when I don't really know what the intent of the prayer is...or who the person is really praying to.



Oh well...just a thought...you already knew before I typed it...take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment