About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lessons My Mother Taught Me - Mother's Day 2011


Mommy then...before motherhood.

  1. I don't need make-up to be beautiful.
  2. Pretty girls don't have to tell everyone they're pretty; it's evident in everything they do.
  3. It's not what you say; it's how you say it.
  4. It's okay to say, "I deserve better."
  5. I wasn't an accident, even if I was totally unexpected.
  6. Life really does go on.
  7. "Generational curses" don't have to be.
  8. You cannot save everyone.
  9. The best mothers don't want to be your friends until you're old enough to understand what that means.
  10. God can take us places we never expected.
The first 30 years have been great, Mom. Can't wait to see what the next 30 will bring to us. Happy Mother's Day!


Mommy now...with her big baby.


3 comments:

  1. awww, look at you and miss pam! it looks like she was in the room alone when she made you. seriously, your whole female family looks just alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminded me of the one most important thing my mom taught me.... "pretty girls are a dime a dozen" meaning i hope you got more than that going for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You and your mom look just alike! Your blog is cool. Thanks for sharing ;-))
    Nicci

    ReplyDelete