About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Worth Your Time (A Toast to My Favorite DMV Artist)

It's funny how I've come to need him EVERYDAY. And I'm not embarassed about it at all.
Phil Ade - Don't sleep on his skills...
(picture from adventoutpost.com)

He rides shotgun with me to work every morning and controls my road rage. Now I shake my head when those VA tags cut me off. "Life is too short, we ain't got time to waste..." he says. His perfect timing amazes me. By the time I reach King Street, I feel ready for anything. I take the key out the ignition and say, "Yes, Phil..." because we're in agreement.

I love him so much I share him. When someone is in the car with us, I never tell the unsuspecting passenger that he/she is about to love him too. Instead, I wait until the conversation is heading for a dry area, and I introduce him into the background. I let him speak for himself. He's thorough enough to do that. By the time that ride is over, I've gained another follower. He leaves with them, but I'm not mad. I can always get him back. "You're always there, in my love..."

He loves MD like I love DC, and I hope he never goes Hol-ly-wood! That would be a waste of a young one. He's Unusual...an old soul... a Rapper Eater...Like Dat. He started on JV; now he's The Letterman. He's Hip Hop over rap beats. He's Phil Ade...google him...download him...support him!

No comments:

Post a Comment