About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

THE DREAM DEFERRED!

Okay...so I'm in the process of writing an essay about the Dr. King memorial...actually, I've been in the process of writing it since last July when I picked up Black Enterprise Magazine and saw an ad soliciting funds to build the memorial. I was inspired to write then, but became too angry to do so...and let it go...for a while. 

I'm getting into it now, but others feel the inappropriateness of aspects of the project as well, and because they have jobs that allow them to write all day, they published before me. So enjoy their commentary until mine is complete...whenever that is!

Dr. Boyce: Why I Won't Be Attending the MLK Memorial Dedication Ceremony http://yourblackworld.com/2011/08/25/why-i-wont-be-attending-the-mlk-memorial-dedication-cermony/

Maya Angelou Upset over MLK Memorial Inscription http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/08/maya-angelou-upset-over-mlk-memorial-inscription/



Took a picture; Now all I need is a thousand words!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment