About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Selfies


I want to look like this to him..

retouched, but untouched,
perfect nose, subtle smile,
hair, neatly all over the place,
not noticing him memorizing me...


I want him to mentally crop and filter a stupid selfie I sent to him 
(because he was on my mind)
And think of me during the night shift,
perfectly "noir" and natural (smile)


And I want to look at him like this...

sleepy-eyed and tired after a long day,
right before I lay my head on his chest 
and he makes a corny joke about my little nose.

I want to giggle my way to sleep.
Happy.
Even for a moment...
I want to believe in it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment