About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Butterflies in Anacostia

Didn't know hands could do that...
Lightly walk up and down an arm
and cause explosions...elsewhere
everywhere...
anxious to see where hands will land,

if kisses will be good and what will...grow...


He surprised me,
laid on my lap and let me rub his head,
even that made my stomach flutter.


He's not playing fair...
He's not playing...

looking at me between long blinks,
watching the the ice melt,
only one of us wet,
the other one enjoying the breeze of Monarch wings,
teasing the situation with dissecting eyes.


If I had said all I wanted, 

he wouldn't have believed me,
Anything in that moment would have been cliche,
blamed on the amorous feeling brought on by touch.

So I stayed in that moment with him...

And wondered if he really saw what there is to see in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment