About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Mirror Mirror

She wears her heart
on a chain
around her neck.
That's brave...

The leading lady in my life,
so I try to make her day
EVERYDAY.

She says, "No man ever gave me that.
Never smiled at me in the morning, 
Like you do."

I tell her, "Drowning men looking for rowboats 
don't think yachts will be sent their way.
So they wait for the rowboats, 
even when a yacht is in view.
That's all they expect."

She says, "Girl...where do you get this stuff?"

I say, "You inspire me. I want to give to you 
what you give to others."

That's the truth...
our morning bathroom ritual.
She stares back at me,
we re-connect,
become one to face the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment