About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

God's Special Creatures

Favor looks good on you!
(Better than those snap backs I love you in or
that shirt and tie I bought.)
It drips from you...
the reward for being first.

No real expectations, 
so anything you do well
wows them.

Great by comparison.

Powerful by nature.

A life filthy with opportunities, 
God's special creature.

And here I'm thinking I'm SOMEBODY...
more like A BODY among many.
Round bottom girl in a sea of the same...
typical view for a looker like you,
run through the crowd grabbing
all you can hold,
letting bits and pieces slip through your fingers
(collateral damage in the war of want,
I suppose.)

But all is forgiven, special one,
you've been handed this world to explore,
not your fault we overpopulated your peace - 
Your world made complicated by us.

All we could ever hope to be 
is chosen.

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment