About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You (My Drug of Choice)

Another Andraya Arrington creation. Thank you!

Enter detox...

to make the addiction go away, it must be confronted.

Sometimes
it has a face you used to kiss and enjoy
hands that used to smack you
or make you too uncomfortable to sleeparms
that used to embrace...sometimes

a lying mouth that led you astray
told you things you wanted to hear; none you really needed
a furrowed brow you caused to do so...sometimes

Sometimes
it bites
pinches
kicks your insides
makes you nauseated.

When you don't choose an acceptable poison
your only choice is the reality of it all -
you wasted the only life you'll ever have chasing a dream
that wasn't yours to see...

To make it go away...it...must...be...confronted...

No comments:

Post a Comment