About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Monday, February 21, 2011

? (Pronounced "Why Do They Get Off So Easily?)

Photo by Andraya Arrington
I told her I didn't love her the way I knew I should.

(I know I'm a monster who ain't no damn good.)

I told her I wanted her out of my life but that she shouldn't cry.

('Cause I won't shed a tear after this last goodbye.)

I told her to find happiness because that was my wish.

(Invite me to your wedding, but don't expect one to mine because I'm too cold for all that ish. And I'm sorry for everything, except meeting you, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad this mess was through.)

The very next day I met the one for me...a month later I was down on one knee. And as I send out invitations I wonder if she'll understand that when I was with her I was a boy, but my new love made me a better man...

No comments:

Post a Comment