About Me

My photo
I am not the person I was five years ago. I hope I will not be this person five years from now. For that I am continually thankful!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

...(pronounced, "Complicated...")


She'll be sitting somewhere with him,
and she'll say,
 
"Honey, I remember
I was seeing this girl...
well...she was a woman, really...
Anyway, she was so extra!
We went out one time..."
 
Her voice will trail off somewhere,
and she'll feel the relief in the release.
 
He'll feel lucky to have found her after her experimental phase,
when drugs and drink and women were staples of her youth,
and she lived without a care for anything but her needs and memories like these she could bring up just for fun.
 
There's always life after the "living-to-the-fullest" life.
 
I hope to be the human jukebox with the oldies on repeat...
and not the over sung tune, for nostalgia's sake.





No comments:

Post a Comment